Top Facebook Do's
- Friend appropriate groups... When I started our FB presence, I friended people who sold wine, then wineries, and then people started friending me because we had friends in common and they were interested in my business. Because of this - we have very little churn and Fan and Friend loss.
- Be positive!
- If multiple people post, keep the same voice.
- Keep FB as a relationship builder - it's how people get to know you, your business, and your product personally and feel ownership in your business with you.
- Be true to who you are - it's impossible to keep up an act online and in person for forever :)
- Unfriending when you get angry at someone or what they say - hide them if they tick you off - unfriending is bad juju and should be used sparingly.
- Spamming your friends list with messages that you don't want to send to the world
- Stalking your competitors list - be careful doing so. Keep to friending people that are appropriate.
- Don't fight online
- Broadcasting that you play games all day - it says at best that you are boring, at worst, that you don't work or have a life.
- Tweeting and FB the same message - you want all of your customers and links to follow you everywhere - imagine having contact with 1000's of people about your company and product 3-10x a day... if they follow you on FB, twitter, foursquare or more - why would they keep them all up if you say the same thing on each?
Check this link out for some more! http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/joetopia/8-great-ways-to-get-blocked-on-facebook/