Titles work. They suck your customers and viewers in. It's marketing peeps. Gotta get people's attention in your posts. I am thinking about Facebook for this post, but would love your input on other medium for your tips on how to see what has been successful for you (twitter, linked in, myspace, blogs and others - how do you do it?).
My thoughts on how to get people's attention...
- Say something out of the ordinary
- Constantly posting events the same way is boring - there are different ways to show things off - updates, pictures, friends posting.
- Don't just post to post - if you post infrequently but it matters, then people will take attention at your posts.
- Be timely - posting something that happened 2 weeks ago or 5 weeks in the future doesn't work.
- Show a picture
- Pictures draw people in - they say that it says 1000 words, but those words are different to every viewer. It's an amazing way to say EXACTLY what the viewer wanted you to say by them making it up themselves.
- Use a poll
- Tricky one here - I think polls stink. But if you can get a controversial (yet benign - this is business right?) topic and some wild answers - try it! Prizes help too...
- Make sure what you used to get attention is true
- False advertising is false advertising - people will not follow your cry for wolf more than a couple times.
- I am naked - under my pajamas (I blog in bed a lot)